International Travel Information / International Health Certificates (IHC)
***Due to staffing shortages, Kenwood Animal Hospital is only able to provide IHC services to existing KAH clients and a LIMITED number of non-clients. ***
Please read carefully – it is the responsibility of each pet owner to know and understand the rules and requirements for your pet’s specific travel plans.
1.Visit the USDA website to review requirements for the country you plan to visit:
2. If your pet is not an existing KAH veterinary patient, an in-person Travel Prep appointment will be required at least 30 days prior to the IHC appointment. All previous medical records, all previous Rabies certificates, and a completed IHC questionnaire must be received prior to this appointment. Please forward all records to email@example.com and click here to submit the IHC questionnaire:
Once all the information is received, you will be contacted to schedule the Travel Prep appointment.
3. Existing KAH veterinary patients, click here to submit the IHC questionnaire.
If any vaccines have been done elsewhere, submit copies of all certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the questionnaire has been received, you will be contacted to schedule the IHC appointment.
4. A $100 deposit will be required to schedule the IHC appointment.
5. Some airlines have different or additional requirements for pet travel - be sure to check with your airline or method of transportation as well.
While the Accredited Veterinarians at Kenwood Animal Hospital are happy to provide appropriate documentation for travel, we are NOT pet travel agencies. If you need assistance with planning your pet’s travel, we recommend you employ the services of a pet relocation company. Depending on your travel plans, we may not be able to accommodate all requests for IHCs.
- International Pet and Animal Transportation Association
List of Accredited Veterinarians